Monday, December 16, 2013

Goal for today.

I should add my goal for the day.  In our house, we have a cabinet full of chips, and my significant other is constantly baking cookies.  We also have a drawer in our pantry full of candy.  I don't buy chips or candy, but when they are easily accessible, I do eat them - same goes for the cookies.  As much as I'd like to just get this stuff out of the house, I know that won't happen.  I don't get much support from my SO when i t comes to weight loss (or anything else quite frankly), and when talking about this in the past he has said "just don't eat them."  Well, if that worked, I probably would not be my current weight.  Self control is not my forte.  What I plan to do when I get home today is to consolidate all the chips, candy, cookies, etc...into one cabinet.  I expect to have a fight on my hands - especially with the cookies which I do not want sitting out on the counter.  I know if would be easy for me to open the cabinet door and get to any of these items, but I think at least getting them out from under my nose would help, and putting them all into one cabinet, which I have no business going into, is a step in the right direction.  I've thought of putting a lock on the cabinet door, but that would result in a full out war - no need for that at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment